Tea For Health & IBS Relief

Hey Everyone. Happy Sunday to you all. Today I have a wee post for you that is about a tea I drink I thought some of you might like.




I have been drinking plain peppermint tea for absolutely ages because I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). I don't digest food very well and so I always made sure I drank a peppermint tea every morning after my coffee to help with my IBS.


For those who don't know peppermint tea is said to help relieve the symptoms of IBS. There is less evidence, but it is said to also ease other problems including nausea, vomiting, dhiorrea and headaches which can be IBS symptoms. Its minty flavour can take the edge off bad breadth. It is also said to control mild asthma, manage stress and ward off the common cold.

I do enjoy the naughty food and drink in life too, but I like to try and be healthy as well. I have tried green tea many times, even the flavoured ones, but I am not too keen on it's taste.


Green tea may help with lowering the risk of developing heart disease and certain types of cancer. Green tea extract containing polyphenols and caffeine has been shown to induce thermogenesis and stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate.


Anyway now on to the tea I have found to combine the benefits of both products. While perusing the tea section in Morrisons I noticed this Green Tea & Mint. Each box contains 20 tea bags which are foil wrapped (not individually) for freshness. There are not other ingredients in each bag. They are 55% green tea and 45% peppermint. They must be stored in a cool, dry place. The tea is simple to make. You just boil some water, add a bag to a cup or mug and brew between 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Personally I usually leave the bag in while I drink it as I feel like I get a better brew and hopefully more of the benefits, but it's really just up to you.


This is an acquired taste and when I first tried herbal teas of any kind I would squirm a bit and think damn I need a good strong coffee or tea, but now I am used to it and find this tea quite refreshing. If I am having a bad day with my stomach and digestion I always reach for this. I have one every morning and sometimes more often.


IBS is such a pain literally sometimes and I pretty much feel bad with it in some way on a daily basis. For those that don't know it can cause the symptoms mentioned earlier in this post as well as constipation, bloating, abdominal pain, cramping, flatulence and sometimes passing mucus from the bottom. I have put up with all of these symptoms other than passing mucus at some time or another which is embarrassing to admit, but true and true for so many others.


So my point is that although I don't believe my IBS is ever going to disappear I can try to at the very least drink one cup of this a day to hopefully alleviate or prevent the symptoms. I do also drink it of course for the other health benefits mentioned it's just my IBS has been a struggle for me since I can ever remember.


If you would like me to discuss further about things I have found that have helped my with my IBS symptoms then please let me know in the comments below. Also any suggestions that you have for a good tea or coping with IBS then please leave those in the comments too.



Love to you all

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...