Max Factor Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara & Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner

Hi there lovelies. How gorgeous has the sunshine been today eh? Much better than the wind and rain we have been putting up with in the UK that's for sure. 

Today I have 2 make-up items to review for you which were sent to me for free to try out. The are the Max Factor Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara (Black) & Max Factor Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner (Excessive Charcoal/Black).


Left Eye: With Products, Right Eye: Without Products


Max Factor Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara (Black) ~ Usually £12.99, but currently £9.99 at Boots until 19th Feb! Also currently £9.99 at Superdrug!

This mascara as you can see is a 2 step double ended system. The left brush (Step 1 Extreme Volume) is quite a thick barrelled plastic brush with bristles shorter at the tip. This is your base coat. For those wanting an easy everyday eye some may like this base as their mascara alone as it separates the lashes really well giving a fanned out effect that looks very natural and feels very light on the lashes like you are not wearing mascara. I applied 2 coats of this to my upper lashes, then the excess remaining on my brush to my lower lashes.

Step 2 Dark Lacquer has a thinner traditional mascara bristle brush that again tapers towards the tip. This is the part that really makes an impact adding a jet black pigment, volumising and thickening the lashes. When applying be sure to press the wand against your lashes and sweep upwards towards your lids to get the best curved lash shape. There really is no need to curl lashes before using this mascara.

I do love this mascara for the effect it gives and the need for only one product rather than three. By that I mean lash curler, mascara primer and regular mascara. However I can not remove this without eye make-up remover as it really is budge proof. It is recommended that an oil based remover is used though. It does also smudge under my lower lashes and I like wearing mascara there. I do not think it has a glossy, patent finish as advertised. This mascara also comes in the shade Black/Brown. Suitable for contact lens wearers. 


Max Factor Excess Intensity Longwear Eyeliner (Excessive Charcoal/Black) ~ Usually £6.99, currently £4.99 at Boots!

This is a twist up crayon eyeliner with a click shut lid. This shade is definitely a charcoal black as it is not as intense as other liners I have used. The formula is quite smooth, but does not glide on as smoothly as my E.L.F. mineral eye liner. The product works better around my eyelid than on my waterline as I get a deeper finish on my skin. Trying it today it is staying on my waterline pretty well, but the first time I tried it there my eyes were a little watery and it would not show up at all.

This comes in 5 other shades of Excessive Green, Excessive Aqua, Excessive Gold, Excessive Silver and Excessive Brown. The eyeliners are self-sharpening although this is not something you can actually see. They are smudge-proof and have a flexible water-proof film for a longer lasting hold of 12 hour intensity. 

If you try this product do not twist up too much as you can not twist it back down. Each twist has a click so only twist up when needed.

If you try these products then why not follow the latest selfie craze and post your #selfeye

Link me up on Twitter @vickyayles with yours if you do. I have already posted mine ;)

I hope you enjoyed this review. Let me know your favourite mascaras and eyeliners with reasons why in the comments below.



Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...