NOTD: A Matte & Gloss Neon Summer

Ello me loves. How gorgeous is it outside today? I love it. I won't waste any time in getting into my post which is a NOTD.


















Firstly I applied one coat of my usual Rimmel base coat. I then applied three coats of each of the two coloured shades. I usually only apply two coats, but I felt that these nail polishes needed three to get the kind of complete coverage that I like. I picked up both of these nail polishes when I visited Olympia Beauty for the 1st time last year. You can find my post on that here. I hadn't realised that the China Glaze shade was matte, but I liked mixing the two finishes in this manicure. I painted the two nail shades alternately. The nails on my other hand are painted in reverse. So the nails that are pink on this hand are orange on the other and vice versa. I painted over the orange shade with my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat as it already had a glossy finish. I left the pink nails without a top coat to keep them matte.


The China Glaze Nail Lacquer is in the shade Pool Party from the Poolside Collection. Here is an Ebay link with various prices. That link shows a closer match of how the product actually looks, but as it dries matte it's not as vibrant as in the bottle. I could not get it to show up on camera, sorry.


The Queen Nail Lacquer does not have a shade name. It just says on the bottle for professionals only. I have searched online for you, but I can't find it. If you like this shade I would recommend to try and pick it up at Olympia Beauty this year if you are thinking of visiting the show. The colour actually shows up more neon than the photos, but the photos are pretty close. The last photo in this post is the most true.


Do you like to mix your nail textures? Are you into hot nail shades for the summer?


Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...