NOTD: London 2012 Olympics Inspired

Ello again. With the London 2012 Olympics fast approaching I felt inspired to get a bit creative with a NOTD post so here goes.













Firstly I applied one coat of my usual Rimmel base coat. I then applied two coats of my Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours 1 Minute Metal Shine Nail Polish in Gold Backstage. I thought gold would be a great background shade as the Olympics is all about going for gold. You can pick up this shade on miss-sporty.co.uk for £1.99

I then applied a blob of my Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours Quick Dry Nail Polish in the shade Pop Fiction to a pad of lined paper. You can use kitchen towels for this step if you prefer. I have had this pad for ages. I think I bought it at Poundland. They have a similar pad for £1.00 here. This blue shade you can buy from boots.com for £1.99. Boots currently have a 2 for £3.00 offer on selected Miss Sporty Nail Polish also. 

I then dipped the end of one of these straws into the blob of nail polish and stippled this onto my nail over the gold polish and repeated this process until I was happy with the pattern. I bought these straws a while ago I believe from Poundland as well. They currently have these pack of 250 red, blue and white straws for £1.00. Red, blue and white is so appropriate for the London Olympics.

I repeated this process on the next nail using the other end of the straw and my China Glaze Nail Lacquer in the shade Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. This shade is quite a highlighter colour. It is quite a thin formula. I found this on amazon.co.uk for £5.95 and amazon.com for $5.25.

I then snipped one of the used ends of the straw rather than wasting another one and stippled on this E.L.F. Nail Polish in the shade Black. You can buy this nail polish from eyeslipsface.co.uk for £2.50.

I did the same thing on the next nail using my Barry M Nail Paint in the shade Spring Green. You can buy this shade for £2.99 from superdrug.com. Superdrug also have the offer of buy 2 save £1.00. You can also buy this shade from barrym.com for £2.99. Please note on the Barry M website this shade is shown as np290.

My last nail shade that I stippled with is the Barry M Nail Paint Bright Red. You can buy this shade from boots.com for £2.99barrym.com for £2.99 where it is shown as shade np262 or superdrug.com for £2.99 or buy 2 save £1.00.

I finished off the look with a spray of my Elegant Touch Rapid Dry Spray.








Left Hand








Right Hand




I tried to find nail shades to represent the Olympic symbols and I quite like how stippling circles of these shades has worked out. I like the way these patterns look.


What do you think of this design? Have you created any Olympic inspired nail art? Will you be attending the Olympics?






Love to you all



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...