ModelCo Turbo Lash Wand & BYS Jet Black Mascara

Hello Lovelies. It's Saturday yay. I love weekends so much. If only they were longer. Today I have two products to show you so I will get straight into it.








The Kilpatrick PR team generously sent this ModelCo Turbo Lash Wand to me after I fell in love with it at their Speed Beauty Event. It was sent to me for free to review. As you can see the wand comes with a protective cover so that the wand stays clean and is safe from damage. I love the hot pink shade of this product.








It has a simple on and off slide switch.








As you can see from the mascara residue this is the side of the wand I used. 








This is the back of the wand. At the top I think it may be a comb for going through your lashes? At the bottom there is a slide off backing where you need to insert 1 AA battery (not included when purchasing this product). There is a directional arrow showing you which way to slide it off. This does click shut nicely, but I think you could snap it if you were not careful.








Here is the Bonus Cleaning Brush that came with this wand. I tried using this to clean the wand after use, but as you can see from the third photo not much came off of the wand at all. I'm not too bothered though as I am sure this is easy enough to clean with a wipe.



So now I will tell you about the mascara I used with this tool.








This is the BYS Mascara in Jet Black. It says it's new on their website so I can't tell you if the formula has changed, but I bought this at BINTM Live! 2011. That was last November, but I have only opened it recently as I was using up other mascaras. It comes in a 15ml tube.








The wand of this mascara is quite long and that's exactly how it makes your lashes. This is a very lengthening mascara and it separates really well while giving a little volume too. The only downfall it has for me is that it has quite a wet formula so if you blink instantly after applying this it will transfer onto your eye make-up, but if you take your time and are careful this works wonders. This mascara really is jet black too. You can buy this mascara from makeup.uk.com for £2.49.



Now onto what this mascara and what the Turbo Lash Wand can do when used together ......












No mascara or heated curling.












After 2 coats of the BYS Jet Black Mascara was applied to the top lashes only. I always coat the top side of the lashes before applying to the under side as any products used on the eye like eye shadows that may have fallen onto the lashes will be covered by the mascara. I think it gives a denser pigmentation, especially when you blink or look down. Just a wee tip :)












After heat styling with the ModelCo Turbo Lash Wand.




Here are the steps in using this wand.



  • Insert the battery into the back. Apply mascara as usual. The ModelCo LASHXTEND mascara is recommended, but I just used my own. Switch on the wand and wait approximately 1 minute.


  • Place the wand at the roots of the lashes and gently push towards the eye lid. Hold for approximately 20-30 seconds and repeat as necessary. I manouvered mine carefully around my lashes to make sure I got them all, but I lifted the wand off and placed it back where I needed heat styling so that I didn't swipe though the lashes and remove any mascara. 



You can buy this wand from modelcocosmetics.co.uk for £22.00. You can also get this product from boots.com at the same price where they currently have an offer of triple points when you spend £15.00 or more on selected beauty products. This is also apparently available at Debenhams, but I could not find it on their website, sorry.



I think this mascara works really well on my lashes and I would definitely repurchase it. It's so cheap, but works so well.



This ModelCo Turbo Lash Wand definitely give my lashes that extra oomph though. I wouldn't use this heating tool every day as my lashes are in quite good condition and I want to keep them that way. I can't thank the Kilpatrick PR team enough as I totally love this product.



I hope you found this post helpful. I think you can see the results are good from the photos. What are your favourite BYS and/or ModelCo products and why? Which ones are not your favourites and why?





Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...