SKINCARE & MAKE-UP : PORES, MOISTURISING & FOUNDATION

Hi sweeties. Happy Monday to you. It was my first day back at work today after last week off and it feels like I never left. Anyway on to more interesting things. I have 3 reviews for you today including skincare and make-up.



I have linked above to Fragrance Direct where they are currently selling these for £2.50. If you want to buy them in store you will probably be able to pick them up in Boots, Superdrug or supermarkets. There are 6 strips in each pack. I have had this pack for such a long time as I am really bad at remembering to use them. I used the last one the other day and it still worked really well so they don't dry up. These anti-bacterial strips are designed to remove blackheads and spot causing bacteria. 

After washing your face pat dry. Then wet on and around the nose. Peel the strip off the plastic backing and apply the sticky side to your nose. The curve will be at the tip of your nose and the sides will wing out onto the inner part of your face slightly. Press and smooth onto skin to ensure contact. Allow 10 mins to pass. The strip will now feel stiff. Gently peel from each side pulling towards the centre and lift away from your nose. 

The sensation is weird. It's kind of that pleasure pain thing like pulling off a plaster. It will feel uncomfortable because you are opening up the pores and pulling the dirt out. Plus it's stuck on so pulling it away is going to feel not quite right. Do not worry though as when you see the gross little bits of dirt and grime stuck to the strip that is no longer on your face you will be satisfied, but a little grossed out too. I use a wipe over my nose to remove any sticky residue afterwards and moisturise.


You can pick this up in Boots and most supermarkets I'm sure, but I have linked to Superdrug above as you can try the 50ml size for just £1.50 or buy 3 for £3.00 at the moment. The lid looks to be a screw top whereas mine is a flip lid. I would recommend this product for those wanting something without fussy ingredients. If your skin is sensitive or just needs a break from product overload then this simple product will be a good moisturiser to use on a daily basis.


Suitable for normal/combination skin offering a medium coverage.

I would say this gives a light/medium coverage as it's very buildable. I applied this with my fingers as I would a BB cream. It glides on easily, feeling smooth and almost moisturising. I have dry skin and it did not cause me any problems. My only reason for not wanting to repurchase this is that the shade porcelain is too dark for me and appears to be the lightest shade. The shade range is not very extensive with only 5 in it's collection. Online all shades look very similar apart from perhaps almond. If you can find a shade to suit you though I would recommend that you try these as they are very affordable. These are £1.99 and there is currently a 3 for £5.00 offer on selected Natural Collection cosmetics.

So what are your favourite blemish treatments, moisturisers and foundations at the moment? Let me know with reasons why in the comments below.



Love to you all



Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...