GLOSSYBOX FRESH START MUST-HAVES

Hi everyone I hope you are well. Today I want to share with you my first impressions of this month's 'Fresh Start Must-Haves GlossyBox'.



A long lasting soft, glide on eye pencil that does not snag on the skin. The shade clay suits all eye colours. Can be worn on the upper and lower lash lines and the waterline. Not tested on animals.

This pencil does feel smooth on my hand and the shade appears to be very wearable for all eye colours as it's a mid-toned brown. Not too warm or too cool. A nice alternative to black which can be quite harsh and close up the eyes. I am not sure how well this will work on the waterline for me as I have quite watery eyes and find this type of pencil doesn't usually apply well on my waterline.


A loose powder blush that applies with a soft, plush applicator puff. Comes in six shades.

This product is designed with the puff so that no powder sprinkles all over your handbag due to the puff applicator. The middle band of the pot however does twist off so I am not sure if that would be the case. It has a pop off lid so be sure to hold the band when removing it. The lid comes with a mirror which is cool. This shade Romantic is a dusky pink. Quite soft and English Rose. Great for paler girls, but can be built up for a slightly more intense blush. I am not a big fan so far of the applicator, but then I am not a big fan of loose powder or pigment products usually because they tend to spread everywhere so I can see why the puff is in place. However I find using a brush easier to get the right amount of product to sweep over the skin rather than dabbing a puff on a certain area.


An brightening oil-free lightweight, luminizing gel with pearlescent pigments to highlight the face for a radiant complexion. Dab onto cheekbones and brow bones. Cruelty free.

This is a gorgeously glowy product that will instantly give you healthy, dewy looking skin. This is another product that is not too cool or too warm and I think would work well with many skin tones. It blends into the skin beautifully. It's not ultra glittery like some highlighting products can be, but instead has micro particles that catch the light giving a 'lit from within, youthful effect'. I think this would look great on cheekbones for an awakened look as well as the cupids bow for plumped, fuller looking lips. I would also try it on my lids for an easy day or night look. It may even be nice to mix with foundations that you would like to make more dewy.


A soothing and re-hydrating skin re-balancing toner. Controls shine and softens dry areas.

I think some people don't see the point in using toners or just add them in to their skincare routine because they think they should. This is why I am especially intrigued to try this product to see if I think it makes a difference.


A sweet tasting balm that leaves lips nourished with a subtle sheen.

This does feel very nourishing with a silky balm feel. The scent is berry-tastic. I usually find lip balms to not work instantly or work for a while and once my lips get used to the product not work as well. I will keep using this and see how it goes.

I don't want to spoil a product in next month's box, but it is similar to one in this month's which disappoints me a little. I am not a fan of the spoiler card in each box as I like the fact that each month is a total surprise. It's party of the reason I signed up to GlossyBox.

For more information on the UK GlossyBox click here and for the US GlossyBox click here.

Let me know your thoughts on this month's GlossyBox in the comments below.



Love to you all



Vicky xx

2 comments:

  1. i love the dewy effect, these products sound great

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...