Dermalogica AGE Smart Skinperfect Primer SPF30 Review

Hiya gorgeous people. I have been out in the rain this morning as I had to pop to the high street. It really started to come down on my way home, but now thankfully it is gorgeous sunshine again like it never happened. Weird huh?

Anyway on to today's post. I have a product that was sent to me by Freedom PR for free to review.



Some product information:

A multi-award winning three-in-one product which smoothes, protects and conditions skin, whilst correcting surface irregularities and creating a luminous finish. Created to improve the overall health of the skin, Skinperfect Primer SPF30, contains powerful peptides to stimulate collagen production and ingredients, such as white tea, known to fight the biochemical triggers which lead to skin ageing, including ROS, MMPs and AGEs.

Velvety silicones help even out skin texture, creating an instantly smooth surface, whilst hydrolysed pearl (pearl powder), a fine powder rich in amino acids, calcium, sugars and peptides stimulates cell renewal, fights glycation and helps to fight pigmentation by imbibing tyrosinase and enhancing skin luminosity. Natural earth minerals, combined with the pearl powder, provide a neutral tint, suitable for all skin tones, to enhance luminosity and radiance.

Invisible sun protection is provided by the inclusion of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide which give broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection without the intense chalky, whitening and drying effects so commonly associated with physical sunscreens.

For optimal coverage and treatment, smooth and blend Skinperfect Primer SPF30 over face and throat after applying moisturiser. It can be worn alone or underneath foundation or concealer to help smooth fine lines and deliver a lasting make-up finish.

Dermalogica products are not animal tested. 

My thoughts:

I applied this product after letting my moisturiser soak in and before applying my make-up. I have the odd blemish here and there as well as hyper pigmentation. On using this primer before make-up those skin issues are reduced so the skin looks more evenly toned. 

My skin does look so luminous with this primer. It gives a youthful, fresh, healthy, dewy glow which looks very natural.

This product is meant to fill in fine lines and although I don't really have a lot of that yet my pores appear to be reduced. My skin overall looks much smoother too. It really does have a velvety finish which you can feel on applying it to your face and neck.

I have tested this product without powder or a setting spray today to see how well it aids in making my make-up last. The glow of the primer does not fade throughout the day. My make-up appears more flawless and enhanced from the moment of application. It feels like the make-up has a base to hold on to. My concealer usually fades throughout the day, but this primer kept it going for longer.

There is a slight scent to this product, but I don't notice it once it is applied. I like the fact that there is a sun protection factor within the products formula too.


As you can see here that the product is a tan shade, but it really does merge into your own skin tone and just adds a glow. The texture is somewhere between a mousse and a cream. It's feels very light on the skin.


That tiny amount in the above photo spread across the entire top of my palm easily so you really don't need much product when using this. I left the edges of my hand free of product so that you can see the difference or check the before photo above. It has a glistening sheen, but it does not leave you with a glittery appearance. Just warm and awake skin. I would feel better wearing this than nothing at all if I was short on time.

I would certainly recommend this glow getting product if you have an uneven skin tone and/or are looking for that glow from within youthful appearance.

What are your favourite Dermalogica products and why? Let me know in the comments below.



Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...