January 2013 GlossyBox: Hello 2013! Detox

Hey you Beautifully Addicted lovelies. I hope you are all well and somewhere warm while the snow is falling (if you are in the UK). My January GlossyBox arrived this week and so I thought I should let you in on my first impressions of the products. This box is designed to help you detox after all the recent festivities.






Left To Right:

Elemis Fresh Skin Skin Glow Facial Exfoliator, £12.00 for 100ml

With deep pore cleansing action your skin will appear brighter and more radiant and is left feeling soft and smooth. This product has been developed to accompany you from your teens to mid-twenties to help prevent premature ageing.

Massage into damp skin, paying particular attention to areas of congestion (nose, chin, forehead). Avoid the eye area. Suitable for use 1-2 weekly.

I use a facial exfoliator twice a week usually. I noticed this product first in the box as I love the colour of it. The cherry scent is very subtle. I am going to be 35 next week so the fact that I am out of the age range that this product is designed for makes me wonder why it was put in my box? I can't remember if my age is on my GlossyBox profile? I am still looking forward to trying this out though.

Jason Lips Bee Healthier, £1.99 for 4.6g

Organic Aloe Vera Gel helps heal, soothe and protect chapped lips while Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil moisturize. Leaves lips tingly and soft with peppermint Oil. The Jason brand means 'healer' in Greek.

Apply to lips to replenish moisture, reapply as needed.

OMG I love the smell of this as it's soooooooooooo peppermint. The twist up part of the tube is at the top which confused me at first. It feels smooth on my lips, but the surface is a little hard. I am hoping that once I have used it a few times it will soften more.

Duck Island Limited Body Lotion, 2 x 250ml for £24.95

Pelicans have lived on Duck Island since 1664 when King Charles II received a gift of pelicans from the Russian Ambassador; a tradition which still continues to this day. A rich and exotic, zesty combination of Mandarin & Bergamot to help both relax and stimulate the senses. Duck Island toiletries are also Paraben and Mineral Oil free.

Apply sparingly to skin shortly after a shower or bath. Massage into skin in a circular motion for maximum absorption and retention of this wonderful and zesty fragrance.

I like the way the product looks. The cream feels nice. The scent is zesty, but not at all overpowering.






Left To Right:

Monu Aromatic Mask, £24.95 for 100ml

On application this mask will help to renew and invigorate the skin. It contains Beeswax and Coconut oil to soften, nourish and hydrate the skin. This skin is left clear, boosted and radiant looking.

Use once or twice a week after cleansing and toning the skin. Apply to the face and neck with fingertips or a brush and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Remove with warm water using sponges or cotton wool. Tone and apply appropriate day cream.

This has a clay like appearance and the scent is relaxing yet uplifting. I am looking forward to trying out this warming facial mask.

Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo, £11.50 for 300ml

Paul Mitchell Super Strong Daily Shampoo is designed to help strengthen and repair hair that has been damaged by chemical, environmental or thermal abuse. The exclusive, powerful Super Strong Complex helps rebuild the hair’s internal structure leaving a natural feel and intensified shine. The unique Super Strong Complex contains Hydrolyzed Vegetable Proteins that penetrate the cortex and help to moisturize from within whilst helping to lubricate and reinforce the cuticle. Panthenol also helps provide long lasting moisturization, thicken the hair and provide shine.

Apply a small amount (about the size of a 10 pence piece) into your hands and rub together. Massage into the hair. Rinse thoroughly. Suitable for colour-treated hair.

Not much to say about this other than the scent is very subtle.






And last, but by no means least is this GlossyBox eye mask. I think it was such a cute idea to include this. I have only tried one eye mask before that was badly made because it dug into my eyes, but I will definitely give this a go.



So that's it my loves. Overall I think this is a really nice box and I like the detox idea behind it. I'm not fussed about hair products and would have preferred a different type of product to replace it though.



For more information on the UK GlossyBox click here and for the US GlossyBox click here.



Which products did you receive in your detox GlossyBox? Are you pleased with them so far? Let me know in the comments below.




Love to you all



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...