Next Guest Blogger Competition

Hi there you gorgeous Beauty Addicts. I have woken up a happy bunny this morning as I had a really good birthday yesterday. It was full of great company, great food and great presents. I will share them with you in another post, but for now this one is all about the Next Guest Blogger Competition. It's basically the chance for one person to win three outfits each up to the value of £150 and the opportunity to guest post about their style picks on the Next Blog by answering one of the 3 questions set in the Next stylish challenge. 


Here is a link to the competition including the 3 questions, Link.

This is the question that I am going to answer in my post.

What key SS13 trends are you most looking forward to wearing?


I personally think if you are tempted by a trend, but not quite sure how to wear it I always think accessories are a safe bet. They can be really inexpensive and a great way to update your wardrobe in either a subtle or elaborate way. I think sunglasses are a great staple to go for as you will get a lot of use from them (UK residents let's hope so). They are great if the correct shape is found to accentuate your face shape. Just keeping trying them on until you find a pair that enhance your features rather than overwhelm them.




 Enamel Flower Rimless Sunglasses ~ £15 

These are a great way to tap into the floral trend without being OTT.



 Pink Leopard Print Sunglasses ~ £12.50 

 These are perfect for cool cats.


Now onto a couple of clothing items that I think anyone could wear.




Essential Printed Trousers Leopard ~ £25

Sticking with the animal print theme I think these are a great pair of easy throw on trousers that could be worn with flats or heels. I would also add a simple black or white t-shirt or vest. For cooler times of the day or to just smarten up the look I would add a blazer. A slouchy bag for day and a clutch for night with some simple gold accessories and you are ready to rock. These are comfort and style combined.




Black Jersey Hareem Trousers ~ £18

Now I have always been a bit put off by the hareem trend because of how low slung most of this style are in the crotch area. I don't think that look does much for the the bottom. This pair I think offer a slightly more structured and feminine feel. They are casual yet chic.





To add a pop of colour into your wardrobe while going for cool comfort why not go for a classic style like chinos with a modern colour twist. These have a flattering cut too.




Textured Peplum Top Navy ~ £12

I am a fan of the peplum trend already and I don't see at as one that is going to fade away any time soon. This peplum top is less structured than some styles out there so is very wearable. It comes in various shades, but I picked navy as I think it would suit all skin tones.




Buckle Ankle Sludge Boots Chocolate ~ £65

Every summer I have this vision in my head of a look I would like to wear. It includes boots like this or those of a more cowgirl style with a pretty floral dress and a glowing tan. For some reason I never pull it out of the wardrobe, but I do think it's a look that comes around every year. Will you be rocking the Nevada trend this spring/summer?


I hope you enjoyed this post. I think it's good to try new trends, but I will never wear something just because it is trending at the time. This is why I tried to find items for this post from the Next website that are wearable too.


If you wish to enter this competition yourself than you must do so by 3pm 31st January 2013. Good luck to those who do!


Have you entered this Next competition or will you? Which trends are you going to be wearing this Spring/Summer? Let me know in the comments below.




Love to you all


 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I like the boots, would look good with a dress I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the animal print sunnies!

    I have just entered - be great to get your thoughts on my post: www.lurchhoundloves.com :)

    Also, now following you on GFC - if you like my blog maybe you could follow back <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you have entered. Good luck. I will check out your post and blog now. Thanks for following :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...