FOTN Using Proto-col Natural Mineral Cosmetics

Hi my beautiful Beauty Addicts. I hope you are all doing fine this Saturday. My head is absolutely banging, but I am plodding on and trying to take my mind off it so I thought I would write this post.

The lovely Kat from Touch Media sent me some mineral make-up products for free to try and review so here they are :)


Left: Proto-col L.E.D. Lip Gloss (Coconut Ice), £11.95 for 9ml

Proto-col lip gloss collection has a gel formulation for a fabulous lightweight effect on the lips. This non-sticky formulation gives a glamorous shine that really lasts. Available in 5 gorgeous shades all enriched with mineral oil to hydrate and moisturise the lips.
 
When I saw this shade I was excited because it has a duo-chrome type effect. It's a very milky pink with gold and I think a deeper pink running through it. There is a mirror on the back that is a great size, but to be honest the lid is a good enough mirror in itself and the L.E.D. light in the lid is great for nights out. It also comes with a brush applicator. This lip gloss did feel a little bit tacky, but only when applying. It didn't dry my lips, but I wouldn't say it was moisturising. It gave my lips a nice glossy shine, but I think this shade would work better over a lipstick as you don't see the tones of colour as you do in the tube.


Right: Proto-col Baked Mineral Eye Shadows (Olive Trio), £19.95 for 2.2g 

Create an array of stunning soft, subtle or dark, smoky eyes with proto-col''s mineral eye shadows.

With a range of beautiful baked minerals to enhance your colour palette the natural ingredients work to provide a sensational appearance.

Usually I am not a fan of eye shadows in the same palette that are joined together and by that I mean they don't have their own individual pot within the palette. My reasoning for this is that I find some powders can transfer into the other shades which means you apply unwanted shades to your eyes. This is so annoying, especially when they are next to a white, light cream or black for example. I used all three shades for this FOTN and they hardly moved into each other in the palette at all which is great. The texture of these shadows felt really nice to apply to the eye area as they felt velvety. I would say the pigmentation of these are pretty good, but not amazing. I'm not sure if perhaps other shades from this range would show up better. There is a mirror inside the compact which you can see your whole eye in at the right distance, but I prefer a slightly larger mirror to apply my eye make-up as I look back and forth between both eyes to try and make them appear more or less the same in appearance and that would be hard to do with this mirror. The lightest shade is a golden peach that I wish showed up a little more. The right shade is an olive green with gold and the brown shade has a touch of sparkle which I think is gold.


 Neither of these products are tested on animals.

I attended an event last night which I will be blogging about very soon. I wore these products to that event so this is how they look.










From the eye palette I applied the golden peach shade to the inner section of my eyes. I then applied the green shade to the outer portion of my lids, on the outer V and to the underneath of my eye between the golden peach and the the brown. I also applied the brown into the crease of my eyes and outer V. I kept blending the colours and reapplying more where needed until I was happy.

Other products used in this FOTN are:

Model Co Face Base Skin Primer*

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm

Natural Collection CoverUp Cream (Light)

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder (Translucent)

17 Clear Definition Mascara

E.L.F. Studio Cool Bronzer

No7 Exceptional Definition Nutrient Enriched Mascara (Black)

E.L.F. Studio Mist & Set

*Sent to me for free and previously reviewed here.
 
I am intrigued by the nutritional and skincare products on the proto-col website so thank you Kat for introducing me to this brand.

Are you a fan of any proto-col products? Which ones do you recommend or even dislike and why? Let me know in the comments below.



Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...