MAX FACTOR GEL SHINE LACQUERS

Hi once again today cherubs. I have been testing out for the last few weeks the MAX FACTOR GEL SHINE LACQUERS which were very kindly sent to me to review. I have four of the nine available shades and here they are.


L-R: SPARKLING BERRY (55), GLAZED COBALT (40), SHEEN MERLOT (60) & LACQUERED VIOLET (35)

Stated to be high gloss, high intensity, high impact gel-effect shine finish nail lacquers that last up to 7 days. With a self-levelling formula to minimise streaks and brush marks. A rich, thick consistency that is easy to apply.

So what are my thoughts?

I have never tried gel nails so to have the at home experience was a great way for me to see if I liked the effect on my nails.

The first shade I tried was Sparkling Berry. It was a lovely shade that to me looked more raspberry red than the colour swatch shown on the Max Factor website which shows this as a more purple almost deep taupe based shade. It doesn't appear sparkling as the name suggests either. My nails were glossy and the application was seamless with no streaks or brush marks. I applied two coats over a base coat followed by a nail spray as I wanted the gel-effect to show through and not be masked by a top coat that actually provides the shine. This was a big mistake. The review of that nail spray is here. I did not like the nail spray, but I do not think that my disappointment was all down to the type of nail spray used as my nails chipped about four times within 24 hours. I had to keep reapplying the nail lacquer as I was going to an event, but on the final chip just as I was leaving I had to go and just live with it.

The next shade I tried was Glazed Cobalt. This is a bold mid-toned blue which is gorgeous. I applied a top coat this time which obviously gave me a gloss effect, but kind of made the point of applying a gel-effect nail lacquer a bit pointless. I do however think the formula of these polishes are fantastic. With two coats they are seamless and look very polished indeed. These lasted about four day before any chipping and it wasn't terrible. They chipped more over the following days, but four days wear for a nail lacquer at the price they are is pretty good I think.


Here are the shades Sheen Merlot and Lacquered Violet that I applied today with a top coat. 

Sheen Merlot is a gorgeous colour for winter. It's a deep wine, blood red with a brown base that has a lovely shimmer almost duo-chrome effect that shows up under artificial lights.

Lacquered Violet looks different depending on the lighting. It's a gorgeous shade that sometimes looks more blue or purple.

I would highly recommend these as nail lacquers for the formula alone. The shades I have tried are gorgeous and there are other beautiful ones to check out. If however you are wanting to try these for the gel-effect aspect without a top coat I would say you won't be very happy as the long lasting effect without a top coat for me is not there.

If you have tried at home gel nail lacquers please let me know your experience of them along with the brand. Also please say if you use a top coat or use some sort of drying regime to set the lacquer.

You can pick these up at Boots where they are on 3 for 2 or at Superdrug where they are selling at a reduced price.



Love to you all



Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...