SUNSENSE SKINCARE SUN PROTECTION REVIEWS

Hi everyone and Happy Easter Bank Holiday Monday! Have you all been fully enjoying the Easter break? I do hope so. Today I have four products to review for you from SunSense. For those of you interested in protecting your skin against harmful UVA and UVB rays which can cause sun damage, skin pigmentation, premature ageing, skin cancers and wrinkles I am sure these products from Australia's No.1 sunscreen brand will interest you.

SunSense are a family orientated brand producing products to protect all ages and skin types. SunSense products contain high-quality ingredients that bond quickly to the skin with most new formulations including Vitamin E and 3% niacinamide for healthier, younger looking skin.



Swatches as above



Apply 1 teaspoon full over entire face and neck after cleansing and 15 minutes before sun exposure. A mild temporary stinging may occur. If severe stinging or irritation occurs wash the affected area and discontinue use.

This white lotion comes in a bottle with a small hole at the top to disperse product and a screw top lid. The bottle did not collect product at the top over use. The product felt like most face lotions I have used, absorbing easily into the skin. There was a slight sting on one sensitive area of my face, but it was minimal and went away after a few minutes. My forehead became a little dry while using this for about a week. There is no scent to this product.



Shake well. Apply 1 teaspoon full over entire face, neck and chest after cleansing and 15 minutes before sun exposure. Avoid eyes and contact with irritated skin. If irritation occurs wash the affected area and discontinue use. Contact with clothing may cause discolouration.

This product comes in a flip top tube. It's not a greasy formulation. It has a sheer tint which is yellow based (as above). The product blends well into my skin giving a glow and evening out skin tone. This can be worn alone or under make-up. There was a slight sting again on a blemished area, but it went away as before. Cream does collect around the hole opening unlike the first product. I did have a dry patch appear on my chin within about 1 week of using this product. This has no scent.



Apply 1 teaspoon full over entire face and neck after cleansing and 15 minutes before sun exposure. A mild temporary stinging may occur. Avoid eyes and contact with irritated skin. If severe stinging or irritation occurs wash the affected area and discontinue use.

This comes in the same type of bottle as the first product. There is a slight stinging that goes away pretty quickly on blemished areas after application. This does have a tint also that I feel makes me look much more youthful, healthy and generally just have a glow. It is a more brown toned tint that was a little darker than my skin tone, but I made it work with blending bronzer over my chest area. The tint is definitely buildable for those wanting a slightly deeper tone. I did have dry patches on my forehead when using this again forming over about 1 week. This is also unscented.


LEFT: SUNSENSE DAILY FACE

RIGHT: SUNSENSE ANTI-AGEING FACE MATTE

I realise that it almost impossible to see these swatches. I had almost completely blended them into the skin so that you could just see the tone, yet get an idea of how natural looking they are.



Apply to clean, dry lips at least 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Reapply frequently. This product leaves a gloss finish to the lips. If irritation occurs wash the affected area and discontinue use.

This comes in a squeezy tube with a screw cap. The nozzle does get messy with continued use. The product is a white cream balm (bottom centre in first swatches). When I first started using this product I loved it. There was no stinging sensation on application and the balm felt very moisturising and nourishing. Unfortunately my lips did not feel the same after a couple of days and actually felt a little sore. There was no change in the appearance of my lips, but it just felt like the product wasn't working for me. I did continue using it for the whole period of testing out all these products so a good few weeks, but my lips didn't feel any better.

Overall I would like to say that I don't think these are bad products. I do feel that they just didn't work particularly well for my skin type as most of them are mattifying and I have dry skin. If it wasn't for the drying effect the tinted products would be current favourites of mine.

Many thanks to Truth PR for sending these to me for free to test and review.

Have you tried any SunSense products that you absolutely love? If yes, let me know with reasons why in the comments below.



Love to you all



Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...