September Empties

Hi again everyone. I have seen this idea on another blog before and I thought it was fab. I can't remember which one it was though, naughty Vicky :( Basically I want to share with you which products I have used up in the month of September and a brief outline of what I thought of them. So here goes.


 


Left to Right: No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum, BIOEFFECT (EGF Serum), Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF 15 & L'Oreal Revitalift Anti Wrinkle and Firming Day Cream


No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum

I have always liked the regular No7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum, but I mistakenly picked up the Intense version on a 3 for 2 at Boots Pharmacy the last time I purchased it. I haven't noticed any difference by using this instead of the regular version so I don't think I will go for the Intense next time as it costs £1.50 more, but I would be happy to use the Intense if the regular was out of stock. I use this around my eyes, on my forehead and I have just started using it at the sides of my mouth as I have noticed a couple of very slight wrinkles forming. I used to have quite prominent frown lines years ago on my forehead and since using the regular version of this serum they have pretty much disappeared. I can not imagine never using this. Here is a link to the regular at £19.50 for 30ml and the intense at £21.00 for 30ml.

BIOEFFECT (EGF Serum)

This product came with my June GlossyBox. Please see the link for my initial review here, Link :) This was fine as a serum. The dropper bottle was okay, but I found that when applying it around my eye area it ran down my face so my fingers chased it pretty quickly due to price. I would not purchase this product as at £125 for 15ml I think it's way over priced. Here is a link to the information that GlossyBox has on it, Link :) 

Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF 15

This product came with my September Beauty Box from feelunique.com. Please see the link of this post here, Link :) This was an okay moisturiser, but it didn't blow me away. For the price of £32.30 for 30ml I wouldn't buy it. Here is a link to it if you want to though, Link :)

L'Oreal Revitalift Anti Wrinkle and Firming Day Cream

I have been using this product for a few years and I think it's a pretty good one for my exceptionally dry skin, but I am still on the lookout for something better. This is £13.99 for 50ml. Here is a Link :)




Left to Right: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in 1.0 & Ahava Deadsea Water Mineral Body Lotion


Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

I originally wrote a post on this product at the beginning of June. Please see the link here. I still think of this as a fantastic product, but I have started using the Accessorize With-Love Primer which retails at £9.00 as opposed to the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which I found on feelunique.com for £21.50. Please see the links here for the With-Love Primer and the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I will let you know how I get on with the Accessorize Primer once I have used it for a while. I would definitely recommend the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a make-up primer though. Although not perfect at helping my foundation to look flawless it has definitely improved it. I have extremely dry skin though. I would definitely go back to this product.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in 1.0

I have been using this foundation for some time and I was happy in as much as it's the best I have tried so far and I would definitely go back to it. The trouble is that I have uneven skin with reddening and I was looking for something for heavier coverage, but I'm not sure what to look for with my dry skin? I have been trying a sample of the regular Double Wear which is okay, but I feel like it is showing up my dry skin more. I am still trying out various foundations, but if you have any recommendations for full/medium coverage for very dry skin please let me know. Here is a link to the Estée Lauder Double Wear Light which is £26.50 for 30ml.

Ahava Deadsea Mineral Body Lotion

I received this product in my August GlossyBox. Please see the link to my post here. This was an okay moisturiser. It did the job, but again it didn't blow me away. This is shown on the GlossyBox website at £22.00 for 250ml. I wouldn't pay that much for it, but here is the Link :) It is also called a Deadsea Water Body Lotion which does not sound very appealing to me.




Deadsea Spa Magik Salt Brushing - 2 sachets


Deadsea Spa Magik Salt Brushing

I received these sachets in my September GlossyBox. Please see the link to that post here. The first time I used this scrub I had just shaved my legs and as the granules are quite large this made my legs a little sore. I checked the instructions and it says to use on dry skin while standing in the shower or bath. I had been laying in the bath and so I thought it may be my fault. My skin did feel very soft after use though. I tried this product again on dry skin and I did not feel sore after use. My skin was very soft yet again, but I find the process of scrubbing my skin with such large granules really uncomfortable. I like to feel like I have scrubbed at my skin, but not to the point that it feels a displeasure. For that reason I would not purchase this product. Also the Deadsea in the name does not attract me again. This retails at £12.00 for 500g on the GlossyBox website. Please see the link here.

So that's the end my lovelies. I hope you found this helpful. What products have you been loving or hating recently? Would you buy them again?


Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...