Lips Of The Day: Two-Tone

Hello lovelies. It's raining again :( Boooooooooooo to the weather. I tried a slightly different look today that I thought you might like to see. I attempted to do two-tone lips as I was inspired by Look magazine this week.






If you want to recreate this look please see below.






Step 1: Use Vaseline Lip Therapy or any other none tinted lip balm before applying any other my make-up so that when you come to doing your lips at the end of your look they are not too slippery for the lipstick. This will hopefully stop your lips becoming too dry throughout the day.



Step 2: Fill in the lips with the MUA Snow White kohl pencil to give the lipstick a base to cling on to. Otherwise you can use any white kohl or white eye/lip crayon.



Step 3: With a lip brush apply the 17 Lasting Fix Hot Chilli Lasting Fix Lipstick to the top lip. Blot, re-apply and blot again.



Step 4: Do the same for the bottom lip, but this time with the Barry M Touch Of Magic Lip Paint. 



I should mention that the Barry M Touch Of Magic Lip Paint adjusts to everyone's skin tone differently and so the colour may not show up on you as it does on me. You may use similar colours to the ones I have used if you do not have these specific products. You may also prefer to go for completely different shades?



Although this look did last a little while the two colours did merge together eventually and so I would recommend to try using a Lipcote to seal the colours. Also, when I try this type of look again I think I will use a very pure white crayon with a denser pigment to give a really blank canvas and show up the colours even more.



Here are the products with prices and links:



  • Vaseline Lip Therapy £1.32 at Boots. Link :)

  • MUA Snow White kohl pencil was £1, but I could not find the link to it on Superdrug's website. Sorry!

  • 17 Lasting Fix Lipstick in Hot Chilli £4.29 at Boots Link :)

  • Barry M Touch Of Magic Lip Paint £4.49 on Barry M website Link :)


MUA is only available at Superdrug. Most items are £1 or thereabouts!


If you do try out this look let me know how you get on with it. You can even show me a picture of you like?


Take care sweethearts.

Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...