Avon Trial Size Foundations

Hey Loves. It's Friday, yipee :) I may be going to the cinema this weekend, but I don't have much else on. What are you all up to? About a month ago I posted an Avon Haul, Link :) which included some trial size foundations for 99p each, plus a make-up/face primer/mattifier which was also 99p. All foundations are in the shade Ivory. I have been testing them out so here are the results.
















Avon Calming Effects Illuminating Foundation, Link :)


The information:


A gentle creamy foundation that refreshes the appearance of stressed skin and helps give a natural, dewy look. Vitamin enriched. Dermatologically tested. UVA and UVB protection. Enriched with a vitamin complex, aloe and lavender. 


This does apply quite smoothly and does feel more dewy than other foundations I have tried. It's good to know it has UVA and UVB protection.















Avon Calming Effects Illuminating Foundation With Avon MagiX Face Perfector, Link :)


The information:


A light gel-powder that gives a flawless, matte finish for up to 10 hours. Brightens and softens the skin, smoothing over pores and fine lines.
  

This does not look flawless on me. I have very dry skin that never really looks perfect with any foundation I have tried as it tends to cling to my dry patches. It takes away the dewiness that this foundation gives, but it is a mattifier. It did not brighten my skin and it certainly did not smooth over my pores or fine lines. My skin just looks patchy. Apologies for these photos. Do not take these to be true to colour as they came out a bit yellowy. I just hope that you can tell at least how the texture looks on my skin. All foundations shown in this post are the same shade Ivory.
















Avon Magix Cashmere Finish Foundation, Link :)


The information:


A liquid mousse foundation that feels cashmere-soft, leaving a soft-focus, luminously flawless finish. SPF10.


This is smooth to apply and has a fruity scent. It is definitely a mousse consistency. Looking at the photos it does seem to give a soft-focus effect. It's good that it's SPF10.











Avon Magix Cashmere Finish Foundation With Avon MagiX Face Perfector


This of course mattifies this foundation, but it's just too drying for me. It takes away the soft-focus effect.











 
Avon Mattifying Foundation, Link :)

 
The information:
 
 
A fresh-looking, lightweight, liquid formula that mattifies the t-zone while moisturising dry skin.

 
This was too drying for me. It is lightweight though.

 
My final thoughts on these foundations are that none of them give me the type of coverage that I am looking for, but then for me that's very hard to find and I'm still on the hunt. I want medium/full coverage as I have areas of redness along with a few red veins. The trouble is that I have very dry skin and foundations just cling on to that. I cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day and use a face wash. I also use a face scrub two to three times a week. I realise that if your skin is bad then the foundation can only do so much, but I really don't know what else to do? The Avon MagiX Face Perfector and the Avon Mattifying Foundation are especially too drying for me. I think that the Calming Effects Illuminating Foundation is my favourite of all of these, but the soft-focus of the Avon Magix Cashmere Finish Foundation is lovely. I think the shade Ivory is a good colour match for me.


Do you have dry skin, but want medium/full coverage from a foundation? Have you any suggestions for me? If so, which facial skin care products/treatments do you use? I would be grateful for any suggestions :)
 
 
Love to you all

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the look of the first one. The dewy look really suits you

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gaelle- The Make up Fairy - Aww thanks Hunny xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...