November GlossyBox

Hi Beauties. Four weeks till Christmas and I have hardly done any Christmas shopping, EEK! I am never this behind, but oh well it will get done I guess. I am just clueless this year on what to buy certain people. Anyway, today's post is about showing you what I received in my November GlossyBox. The box is named 'The Christmas Gift-Guide: Part 1'. Part 2 will be the December GlossyBox. The idea is for you to try out products that you may want to put on your Christmas wish list or that you may want to buy as gifts for others. So here are my first thoughts.


 


 Left To Right: Arbonne FC5 Ultra-Hydrating Hand Creme, Link :), Deadsea Spa Magik Bath Salts, Link :) & Etro Set Of 5 Fragrance Vials (Ambra, Etra Etro, Heliotrope, Musk & Vicolo Fiori), Link :)


Arbonne FC5 Ultra-Hydrating Hand Creme - £19.00 for 118 ml


The Information:


A soothing, lightweight creme that moisturises hands, leaving a healthy appearance and skin feeling smooth, supple and refreshed. Suits all skin types. Use as often as needed.


Key Ingredients:


Fresh kiwi cells; Moisture Fresh Complex of cucumber, birch leaf, watercress, clover blossom, St. John’s wort; rose geranium botanical plant, lemon verbena botanical plant, safflower oil, sunflower oil, vitamins A and E.


This has an okay scent to it. I will use it for sure as I use hand creams a lot now, but I don't have much more to say about it at the moment. There is blue pen on my tube which is nothing disastrous, but it's just not good presentation.


Deadsea Spa Magik Bath Salts - £5.35 for 1000g


The Information:


2011 Beauty Awards winner. Fantastic for alleviating dry or flaky skin conditions as well as a natural exfoliant. Deadsea Bath Salts remarkably improve skin texture. Helps to improve and soften the skin. Refreshes, relaxes, soothes and produces a feeling of well being. No additives. 100% Natural Sea Salts.


The Holland & Barrett link I have added is 15p cheaper than the link that GlossyBox gives, but every penny counts right? I was a little sceptical before trying this product. The reason is because I had already tried the Deadsea Spa Magik Salt Brushing sachets that I received in my September GlossyBox and when I exfoliated with them I found the chunky granules uncomfortable to use on my skin. Please see that review in my 'September Empties' post here. Also I am not a fan of gritty bath salts lying on the bottom of my bath. Anyway I gave the Deadsea Spa Magik Bath Salts a try on Friday by running them under my bath water. They dissolved into the water so no gritty layer to lie on and they actually made the bath water feel silky smooth. Not like an oil, but just a nice smooth layer to the water. I did not have that oily film on my skin when I got out of the bath. My only negative on these is that once you open the packet you have to put the salts into another container or like me wrap an elastic band around the pack and make sure not to knock it over.


Etro Set Of 5 Fragrance Vials (Ambra, Etra Etro, Heliotrope, Musk & Vicolo Fiori) - Please see the link above for various prices/sizes


The Information:


Introducing Etro's fashion. These five fragrances celebrate the most superior notes of the Etro fragrance lines. 


Ambra


I could not see a link to Ambra on the House Of Fraser website? This fragrance is not bad. It has a slightly foreign feel to it.


Etra Etro


This captivating fragrance is spicy, rich and warm. It is softened by floral and vanilla undertones and notes of sandalwood, amber and musk which adds to it's sensuality. Floral/fruity scent.


I would say this has a slightly sweet scent.


Heliotrope


Heliotrope and Vanilla becomes a revitalising infusion mixed with Bitter Almond and spicy Coumarin. The effect of this is a jolt of energy and clarity to the senses that is both uplifting and revitalising. Floral/fruity scent.


This is sweet. To me it has a smell a bit like cake. I do like it.


Musk


A light yet very long lasting harmony made up of fresh, clean-smelling notes (Bergamot, Grapefruit) and more intense notes of Musk & Wood. The fragrance is mild but reveals a strong and immediately recognisable personality. Woody/musk scent.


This is a woody, earthy scent. It's quite nice.


Vicolo Fiori


The fragrance celebrates the delicate Blue Bell. The delicate flower is surrounded by the uplifting fruity note of mandarin and the warmth of Ylang-Ylang. The fragrance is light and up-lifting. Floral/fruity scent.


This is a nice scent. Sexy, yet subtle.


These fragrance are suitable for all skin types.





Left To Right: Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps (Black & White Stripes), Link :) & Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, Link :)
 

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps (Black & White Stripes) - £6.65 Per Pack


The Information:


The new Nail Rock designer nail wraps range is designed to last up to 7 days on nails and 8 weeks on the toes. They won't chip or stain the nail, require no drying time and deliver on trend style in just 15 minutes. 
 
I tried nail wraps a long time ago (not from Nail Rock), but they had to be applied by heating them with a hairdryer. I found it hard to get them to fit properly and they started peeling away the next day. I found them really irritating, but these do not need to be heated. You just trim them to size, stretch over the nails, wrap under the end of the nails and file away the excess. I hope I do like these wraps. I will try them, but I am not overly excited by this design. I think it looks a little 'Beetlejuice'. I would have preferred an animal print or spots.


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - £14.00 for 75 ml/£52.50 for 500 ml


The Information:


Intensive, super-moisturizing pre shampoo treatment for all hair types. Adds elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine. Provides UV protection after washing, helping prolong the life of colour treatments. Visible results after one application that improves with continued use. Fragrance free. 
 

Application:


Dampen hair and apply Philip Kingsley Elasticizer in sections. Work in with your fingertips. Rinse well. Follow with appropriate shampoo, conditioner and scalp toner.


- For Fine & Medium Textured hair apply sparingly through your mid lengths and ends
- For Coarse, Wavy, Curly or Frizzy hair use more generously through your hair’s length

 
When to Use on Unprocessed hair:

- For Fine & Medium Textured hair, use once or twice a month
- For Coarse, Wavy, Curly or Frizzy hair, use once a week When to Use on Processed hair
- For Fine & Medium Textured hair, use once a week
- For Coarse, Wavy, Curly or Frizzy hair, use twice a week 


Do NOT use Elasticizer for THREE days before and THREE days after chemical processing!!


I think that there are shampoos and conditioners that already do the things that this product is meant to do so why do we need another product in our hair washing routine? I already received a smaller sample of this in my September Feelunique Beauty Box which I have not yet tried so I can not say if it is worth trying. Here is a link to that post, Link :)


Overall I am not blown away by this months box. The hand cream, bath salts and perfumes are nice, but there is not a stand out product for me this month. I am also gutted that I did not receive the Illamasqua Freak perfume :(


GlossyBox are also introducing a GlossyBox for men so if you are interested on more information on that please see the link here. The first box for men will be shipped in December. I am thinking of getting this for my boyfriend, but I don't get paid until next week so I have a few days to think about it. The first 100 subscribers to the men's box receive a special gift.


What products did you receive in your November GlossyBox? Were you happy with what you received? Will you be subscribing if you haven't already?


Love to you all


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...