Into The Blues: Eye Primer Comparison

Hi my lovelies. This post today was meant to originally be two separate posts, but I think they kind of work together. I have been using my E.L.F. Eyelid Primer for some time now, but before I buy some more I thought I would use the sample size Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion that I got when I bought my Naked Palette.


 


E.L.F. Eyelid Primer

Available at eyeslipsface.co.uk 




Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion 

Available at Debenhams & House Of Fraser 




All looks in this post have been set with E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set

Available at eyeslipsface.co.uk

I think this product does help in making all of my make-up last longer, but there are two cons I have to say about it. I spray it as far away as I think I can to not soak my face, but it does make my make-up very moist when I first spray it. I sometimes have to touch up my bottom lash mascara as it transfers onto my face. The other thing is that it smells awful when you first spray it. I'm sorry to say it, but to me it smells like sick. This does pass within a few seconds though otherwise I wouldn't use it.

I thought it would be a good idea to show you the results of using both Eye Primers along with a couple of other products. All looks were worn for approximately 11 hours as the photos were taken before and after work.

Firstly I would like to show you how the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer tested out while using these products:




I wear this whenever I can't decide what to do with my eyes or just below the brow bone. As you can see I have hit pan on this one so I use it a lot.




MUA Shade 1 - Pearl

MUA products are available at Superdrug and superdrug.com




Primark Coloured Mascara - Navy (no actual colour name/number on tube)






These photos are on Day 1 AM. I did like the navy mascara as it separated my eye lashes quite nicely. The colour is not too obvious either if you fancy a change from the usual black or brown that most of us go for.






This was on Day 1 PM. I think the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer lasts really well, but I think you really notice just how well with matte eye shadows which I will show you later in this post. The Primark Navy Mascara did not flake or rub under my eyes, but it is of very light consistency. No clumping with this one.

Next up I used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with the same MUA eye shadow and this mascara:




Primark Opia Lash Lengthening Mascara - Blue








These photos were taken on Day 2 AM. I adore this mascara. I think the colour is amazing. It is thicker than the Navy Mascara, but I love the boldness of the colour.






These photos were taken on Day 2 PM. This mascara again did not flake or smudge. The mascara did last well all day. I can honestly say that I did not notice the difference between the two primers. 




TOP ROW (L-R):  E.L.F. Eyelid Primer, Primark Coloured Mascara - Navy, E.L.F. Eyelid Primer with MUA Shade 1 - Pearl eye shadow on top

BOTTOM ROW (L-R): Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Primark Opia Lash Lengthening Mascara - Blue, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with MUA Shade 1 - Pearl eye shadow on top

These were also sprayed with the E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set to show you how wet it can make your make-up before it dries


As these two days were tested with a solo shimmer eye shadow I have these other looks to show you below to see the difference:




TOP ROW, 1ST FROM LEFT: Inner Corner Of Eyes & Below Brow bone

BOTTOM ROW, 2ND FROM LEFT: All Over Eye Lid, 3RD FROM LEFT: Outer Corner, Into Crease & Under Bottom Lashes




LEFT: Inner Corner Of Eyes & Below Brow bone

MIDDLE: All Over Eye Lid

RIGHT: Outer Corner, Into Crease & Under Bottom Lashes




For this look I used the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer along with this Beauty UK Eye Shadow Collection in No 5

Available at Superdrug and superdrug.com








This was on Day 3 AM. These are kind of bluey-purple colours. They have really good pigmentation. 










Now this was on Day 3 PM. I hope you can get a better idea from these more matte eye shadows how well this E.L.F. primer works. The eye colours are pretty much what they were in the morning.

On Day 4 I used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with this palette:






LEFT: White On Inner Corner & Under Brow Bone

MIDDLE: Lighter Blue All Over Eye Lid

RIGHT: Darker Blue On Outer Corner, Into Crease & Under Lower Lashes




This is the 17 Starry Eyes eye shadow trio in Moondust

Available at Boots and boots.com










These photos were taken on Day 4 AM. The colours are quite similar to the Beauty UK Palette, but with a bit more shimmer.






This was on Day 4 PM. To be honest I actually think that the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer holds onto eye shadows a lot better than the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. 

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion has a much more creamy consistency than the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer. I have to say I prefer the consistency, wear and price of the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer.

The E.L.F. Eyelid Primer costs a mere £1.50 from eyeslipsface.co.uk

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion retails at £14.50 for a fill size tube (no longer comes as a bottle) at urbandecay.co.uk

I'm sorry that this was such a long post. If you made it till the end thanks for taking the time. Have you got a preferred eye primer? What are you favourite eye shadow palettes?

4 comments:

  1. ooh this all looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lottie - Thanks Hunny. I love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Beauty By Krystal - I was so suprised how good it was for the price. I love elf <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...