Make-Up Brushes: The Big Clean Up

Hello Beauties. I hope you are all fine and dandy. I have just been doing the usual housey stuff today so I won't bore you with that. As I was in cleaning mode I finally got stuck into giving my make-up brushes a good clean so I thought I would talk about how I clean mine :)







Left: E.L.F. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner £3.75/$3.00


An anti-bacterial daily brush cleanser for quick cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Helps to keep your brushes lasting longer for extended use.

Net Weight: 2.02floz (60ml) *New Size. Improved Leak Resistant Bottle

Net weight: 2.02oz (60g)

This product is so easy to use. You just spray it onto the brush after each use. I tend to wipe the make-up product onto a tissue after spraying this on the brush to remove at least some product between thorough washes. I think it's nice to use this daily or at least every couple of days. This bottle lasts such a good amount of time. It is now leak resistant. I have never had a problem with the bottle leaking, but I don't travel with it.


Right: E.L.F. Studio Brush Shampoo £3.75/$3.00



An anti-bacterial brush cleanser for thorough cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Washes away traces of dirt, makeup, oil and debris from your brush while conditioning the hair to provide a clean and soft application for every use.

Directions:

Cleanse brush regularly by massaging a small amount of the shampoo with water and working it through the bristle from the base of the brush outward. Rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out excess water. Reshape the bristles and lay flat on a clean cloth to fully dry before next use.

Net Weight: 4.1floz (120ml)

Net weight: 4.1oz (116g)








































































I have just used all of this up so I need to order some more. This has lasted for quite some time though. The product is of a gel consistency. I just squeeze some product into my clean palm and swirl the brush into it. I then rinse with cold water and repeat as necessary until the water runs clear. I then dab the brush hairs onto a towel to check for any make-up. I re-shape and lay onto a flat towel.






All nice and clean :)






My make-up brush roll is super convenient, but I do need a new one as I have a hole in mine. To clean it up as it does get messy I simply use cheap and cheerful face wipes to remove make-up product and dirt. There may be some that are machine washable I don't know, but mine is not.

Now I am going to be honest and admit that my make-up brushes have needed a clean for a while. I used to be pretty good at taking care of them (slaps self on wrist for neglecting them). I intend to give them a spray with the Daily Brush Cleaner after each use and shampoo every week or two as I don't wear make-up every day.



Check out eyeslipsface.co.uk or eyeslipsface.com for the cleaning products from E.L.F. I have not added links as they never seem to work once I post them.



How often do you clean your make-up brushes and what products/process do you use to clean them? Let me know in the comments below.



Love to you all






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...